Your Springboard to Success
To address the unique and multi-faceted needs of international students, New Mind Education and the University of North Carolina at Greensboro (UNCG) have partnered to create a custom-designed University Preparatory Program at UNCG (UPP@UNCG).
This program affords students the advantage of taking them well beyond providing direct or conditional admission to undergraduate and graduate programs at UNCG. The program also helps students smoothly transition to life in the U.S. so they can start their university careers well prepared for academic and career success.
Get a Great Head Start with UPP@UNCG
New Mind counselors have an in-depth understanding of international student qualifications and academic preparation. We work with the UNCG admissions office to offer direct and conditional admission to the university’s undergraduate and graduate programs.
We provide individualized mentoring and the encouraging support that international students need to help them achieve their full potential.
360˚ TOTAL CARE™ SERVICES
Our comprehensive 360˚ Total Care™ arranges for all the basic student needs, from finding housing to opening a bank account to getting the right cell phone service.
EXCLUSIVE GLOBAL LEARNING CURRICULUM
Created especially for foreign students coming to the U.S., our research-based curriculum, a weekly course that lasts a full academic year, gives students a strong grasp of American culture so they become more independent, at ease, and self-assured. Students develop the key skills that are highly valued in American education, such as critical thinking, leadership, and creativity, so they become fully engaged university students, on track to become the rising generation’s global leaders.
The UPP@UNCG Advantage
Hit the Ground Running
- New Mind’s 360˚ Total Care™ streamlines a student’s arrival so he or she can get settled quickly. Our 360 services run the gamut, from picking the student up at the airport to matching him or her with the perfect American roommate and arranging for housing, utilities, health insurance and more. This is the personalized attention many students need to get acclimated to American college culture.
- UPP@UNCG includes housing for a full 10-month academic year, and we provide all the necessities, such as sheets and cooking utensils. That way, students are free to focus on their studies and other college activities.
- UPP@UNCG advisors meet with students one-on-one to personally help make the student’s cultural and academic transitions as easy as possible.
- Through our exclusive Global Learning Curriculum, students partner with American students for a series of team-building activities, so they quickly fit into college and academic life and the American culture. More about GLC below.
- We emphasize parent engagement, so parents stay involved and up to date on their student’s progress, even when their son or daughter is a world away. Our regular, personalized updates keep parents well informed, and we’re always available by phone should parents have any questions or concerns.
ESL and beyond
UPP@UNCG includes a full three terms of English as a second language – 27 weeks in all. Over the course of a semester and a half, students become very comfortable communicating in English, developing the sound language foundation they need to perform at their best.
GET SET FOR ACADEMIC SUCCESS
- UPP@UNCG advisors help students transition to their new academic learning environment by communicating with their professors and connecting each student to academic resources that will be most beneficial to that particular student.
- Our Global Learning Curriculum, a full academic year course specially designed for international scholars, is meant to broaden the student’s horizons. GLC helps students acquire and sharpen the vital academic skills necessary for success here in the U.S. The course also fosters a greater understanding of and appreciation for the exciting cultural experience of studying abroad.
- Global Learning Curriculum students enjoy participating in community service projects that involve hands-on learning and discovery as they explore the American way of life. These fun and educational activities often pair each foreign scholar with an American student, helping international students become fully engaged in academics, campus life, and the community as a whole. GLC teams learn to pull together – and winning teams receive monetary awards to spend as they decide.
- Through carefully planned overnight trips to explore the U.S., group activities, and student-life projects, students become valuable members of the greater UPP@UNCG community while they connect with a variety of enjoyable and broadening experiences.
Opportunities for ACADEMIC scholarships
To date, New Mind has awarded $15,000 in academic scholarships to distinguished UPP@UNCG students, which students can apply toward tuition at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. New Mind is pleased to extend this rare opportunity for scholarship funds to international scholars who demonstrate high academic potential.
An Early Start on a CAREER SUCCESS
- The best start on a career often begins through student involvement on campus and beyond. The UPP@UNCG Global Learning Curriculum includes individual guidance that promotes a students’ personal development of the skills they’ll need to pursue their dreams.
- UPP@UNCG students also benefit from our student life and leadership programs, which are designed to develop leadership, teamwork, and all the key skills needed to succeed after graduation.
- The UPP@UNCG experience lasts a lifetime and reaches around the world! The connections and network that UPP@UNCG fosters gives each student a strong foundation of fellow students, successful alumni, and dedicated advisors and staff across the globe.
Applying to UPP@UNCG is easy! Visit the UNCG Admissions page, and our representatives will contact you soon to discuss your application.
New Mind Education
7/F Metropolis Tower, No.2 Dongsan Street,
Zhongguancun Xi Zong, Haidian District,
Beijing 100080 P.R.China
New Mind Education
Foust Building, Room 026
Greensboro, NC 27402-6170