Your Platform for success
The University Preparatory Program at North Carolina State University (UPP@NCSU) fosters Student SUCCESS through active student support, world-class academic programs, and culturally-engaging student experiences.
Key features of UPP@NCSU
360 Total Care™
- Foundational Support helps students settle into their new environment with airport pickup, housing assignments with American roommates, insurance enrollment, and other services to meet their basic needs.
- Personal Advisors meet students 1 on 1, and help them navigate the cultural and academic transitions they are faced with. Each student works on an individual development plan that charts their progress.
- Parent Engagement provides personalized updates on each student so parents can stay be involved in their child’s progress, even when halfway around the world.
- Personal Advisors help students transition to college by connecting them to academic resources and mentoring them on faculty relations.
- Global Learning Curriculum teaches key skills beyond ESL; such as intercultural competence and academic success skills to help students start college strong.
- Service Learning and Projects focus on hands-on learning and discovery to help students gain confidence and maximize their college experience.
- Trips, Activities, and Student Life Events help grow the UPP community and connect students to campus life.
- Global Learning Curriculum gives students individualized plans for personal development to help their job searches after college.
- Student Leadership programs develop leadership, teamwork, and other key skills to help them succeed at future jobs.
- UPP@NCSU expands students’ networks as each student is automatically connected to a community of UPP students, alumni, advisors, and staff both in the U.S. and around the world.
Here’s what’s included in the tuition/program costs:
NCSU / IEP
|NCSU Tuition||2 semesters||1 semester|
|UPP Advisors – Advisor:Student Ratio
|360 Total Care™|
|Room and Board (meals) with American Roommate Matching|
|Full Insurance coverage for 2 Semesters|
|Parent Engagement phone calls|
|2 UPP Overnight Trips to destinations like DC, Orlando|
Applying to UPP@NCSU is easy! Visit our International Admissions page, and our recruitment representatives will contact you soon to discuss your application.